MICRO LOOPS HAIR EXTENSION CALGARY
Micro Loops also known as micro links, micro rings, hair locs, easy hair, euro locs and other names as well as cold fusion. This method is also classified as a strand by strand method. However, no glues or adhesives are used. This method uses a ring or link made of metal either copper or aluminum and sometimes lined with and threaded on the interior of the link with silicone.
The extension technician attaches the strands by sliding the ring onto a pre-selected shaft of the client’s hair and is slid up to the root area. Then a shank of hair designed for this method is inserted into the ring and then the ring is clamped closed with a tool that resembles a plier to flatten the ring holding the extension hair firmly in place.
Some rings can be folded over to allow a more secure hold. The rings that are silicone lined help the metal ring to not come into contact with the client’s hair as it acts like a cushion. The silicone lining also aids in the prevention of slippage.
Type of Hair that is used for Micro Loops
I – Tips for Micro Link Installation
These I-Tips are designed specifically for a Micro Link Installation. Individual extension strands are pre-tipped and resemble the tip of a shoe lace. Each tip of hair is usually secured with micro beads / cylinders to strands of your hair. This allows us to more precisely add length to specific areas. The bonds are usually Single Drawn and .5 gram to 1 gram per bond.
Menu of Services
- Partial Installation: This is for a client that requires fullness or volume with not a lot of length. Between 75 – 150 bonds are used to create a Partial Installation. This will depend largely on the size and shape of each clients head as well as the individuals hair density.
- Full Installation: This is for a client that requires fullness or volume but wants length! 150 plus bonds are used to create a Full Installation. Again this depends on hair density and size and shape of each individual’s head.
- Hi-Lite or Lo-Lite Package: This is for the client that would like to add hi-lites or lo-lites to their hair using Microlinks! Whether you would like some face framing hi-lites or gorgeous low-lites this can be created strand by strand giving a beautiful natural look without any chemical color!
- Fun Fashion Colors: We have a beautiful selection of Fun Fashion Colors! Hot Pinks, Spring Lavenders, Deep Blues, Rich Greens, you name it we can create panels of color or intersperse them throughout for a fun and trendy look!
- Permanent Removal: Billing for removal is charged by the hour
Care and Maintenance
Depending on the quality of hair Micro Links can last for up to 8 months but will require regular maintenance every 6 – 8 weeks and the hair can be reused if removed effectively.You should use Sulphate Free Shampoos and Conditioners as well a high end quality Argan oil. Washing your hair gently and always drying completely on medium low heat will keep your locks beautiful until your next set. We also carry all after care and maintenance products to keep your new weave beautiful and healthy for as long as possible.